What you Can really do with Music Bachelor’s DegreeMay 26, 2017
Many people have been seriously asking what they can do with a music bachelor’s degree. The truth remains that there are so many things you can do with a degree in music, it will open doors to multiple opportunities than you probably may realise. Teaching and performing are said to be the most careers one can pursue. As we proceed in this article, we shall explain these concepts very well.
Graduates are equipped with intellectual curiosity and self-discipline which will enable them to succeed perfectly in the music industry. Getting a Bachelor’s degree will take approximately three to four years of rigorous academic study.
This busy program is designed to develop the students’ academic skills, practical and performance abilities and / or capacities.
The core curriculum of a music degree encompasses the followings:
- Ensemble participation
- Applied lessons
- Music history
- Theory of music
- Contemporary media & jazz studies
- Humanities and
- Keyboard proficiency
Any student that wants to pursue a degree in music is likely going to become any of the following:
- Music educator
- Performing musician
- Composer or
- Professional in another musical field
Some universities and tertiary institutions in Melbourne provide Bachelors in Arts in Music, which aims to prepare the students to become experts in different fields in the music industry. Some of them have liberal arts in focus, combining various aspects of music and teaching students to develop entrepreneurial mindset. Some of these students are really enjoying the course.
That is why, in some schools, you will see music students directing their church music programs or doing freelance jobs like chamber recitals, presenting solo and getting paid. Thus, the aim of such schools is to equip the students with the necessary training for a wide range of career options.
If you really want to develop craft as a professional performer whether as an opera & concert vocalist, soloists, band and orchestra musician, recording artist, studio musician, studio teacher, church musician, conductor, and other viable professions in the music industry, then getting a degree in Music would be a step in the right direction.
As a student, you can decide to major in more than one field. For instance, you can combine your specialised training in music education with a major in jazz studies or applied music. All you need to do is to write to the dean of academic affairs, he/ she will be in the better position to enrol you for the program.
21st century musicians are combining various forms of musical excellence or engaging in multiple jobs so as to support themselves and their families. This is highly commendable. To be more relevant and ahead of the competitive industry, some go for additional trainings, ever-changing networking opportunities, use of latest technology and internships- all these activities takes them to the next level of their career in the rapidly changing music industry.
To cut the long story short, with a music degree from Collarts, you can become an accompanist, acoustics, adjudicator, arranger, artist manager, arts administrator, editing / audio production manager, band director, choral director, collaborative pianist, composer, conductor, community music school teacher, copyright consultant, transcribers/ copyist, cruise ship entertainer, musical educator, digital score recordist, musical designer, musical promoter and so on.
Was this article helpful?
How to Find the Right People to Help you Relocate HomesApril 7, 2017
Are you looking for removalists in Melbourne? Relocations can be really tiring however hiring a removalist can help you in the following ways
- Moving or re location becomes completely stress free.
- Most removalists offer an all in one package.
- These include packing and storage options along with unloading and unpacking items which are shifted.
- Sometimes you may book them for additional services like cleaning and organizing all the relocated items.
Things to keep in mind
If you are thinking of hiring removalists to help you relocate keep the following things in mind.
- Make sure you know the services which they offer. This means whether they simply provide storage solutions or they actually help you move providing the best possible means.
- A well known and reputable moving service can actually help make moving a completely tension free experience for you. They will actually help you load and unload all your things and help keep them organized as well. Some even go as far as to providing arrangement of all relocated objects.
- Always make sure you hire someone who has a good reputation. Word of mouth can be pretty powerful. If you know any acquaintances in your area that might have moved recently ask them about the people they hired.
- When you have a list of two or three candidates you have got to select one who is just right for you. for this you need to actually take a look at how they work, what extra benefit they can provide and the most important of all whether they are within your budget or not.
- Be wary of removalists who offer a hard to believe kind of discount. This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t give them a chance but if their rates are too good to be true, they probably are.
- When hiring removalists make sure you check their credentials. This means you have to perform a background check before having them help you move out. A person’s reputation always precedes them. Make sure you hire someone who is reliable and is known to have a good work ethic.
- Always talk about your expectations with the removalist company before hiring them. If you have an urgent job at hand let them know. This way you can avoid any surprises later on.
- Always ask the removalists whether they are willing to remove all house hold items. There are few who draw the line at antiques and jewelry.
- Always get a quote. This way you know what you will have to pay and what you can expect for that payment.
- Be aware that few removalists charge an over- time fee. This means that if you make them work longer than their regular hours you would have to compensate by paying more.
- Similarly not all household items are equal. They may require specially trained professionals to haul extremely heavy loads. This may end up causing you to pay a little extra for these services.
- Ask whether they are willing to provide insurance coverage. In case of a mishap you know you would always be compensated.
For more information on reliable Melbourne removalists visit this company.
What to Look for in Fleet Management Software?November 20, 2016
Fleet management and fleet management software can make you business run smoothly. Fleet management software can keep track of everything you need including where your vehicle is at all times as well as maintenance. Where you are looking to purchase fleet management and fleet management software, there are some things you should consider when you are researching the different software on the market.
What to Look For
Your fleet of vehicles is an asset that you have to take care of and using fleet management software can keep all of your records up to date, and you will be able to better manage your vehicles. Here are some of the things that you will find in most fleet management software.
- Vehicle information will be stored, like VIN, make model, year, and other information. Including payment information.
- You will also be given all of the cost that is associated with the fleet. Include gas, labor, and maintenance.
- Driver’s information, including licenses and certifications.
- Scheduled maintenance and maintenance history.
- Parts information and where to get them.
- GPS that will track the vehicle and driver.
- Track inventory and schedule maintenance.
These are just some of the many features that come with most fleet management software. But if you need to know more – you can find out more about fleet racking here.
What do you Need?
When you are going to purchase a fleet management software for your company, there are many questions you have to ask yourself before you buy. Like how many vehicles do you have? What kind of software features do you need? How much does it cost? One simple search online will show you all of the different fleet management software on the market, and you can get information about the features and pricing on their websites. Here are some of the popular ones you can take a look at.
- Arsenault Associates
- RTA Fleet Management
- WorkWave Fleet
- Collective Fleet
- Control Board
- Hcss GPS
- Route 4 Me
- ITS Dispatch
This is just some of the great fleet management software on the market, and you can get a demo of the software and get a one on one meeting with a specialist to help you find the right one for your vehicles. IVMS systems are also quick a popular selling piece of software and IVMS by Securatrak are some of the best available on the marketplace.
Most people in Melbourne that need fleet management and fleet management software turn to places like this to help them get their vehicles and cost under control. The great thing about these kinds of software is that it is inexpensive and can really pay for itself in no time. You can keep track of all of your important fleet information in one place, and you can have access to it and so can your employees.
Finding The Best Cruise Deals in AustraliaNovember 12, 2016
Cruises are becoming more and more popular nowadays. This is happening partly because there is competition among different cruise lines and each tries to attract clients with good deals. Then, cruises are also poplar because more and more people can now afford to go on a cruise and see some amazing parts of our world. Several decades back, such an option was custom tailored only for the wealthiest.
If you will run a quick search online, you will see a wealth of cruise deals Australia available. There are so many offers, you will not know which one to choose. One deal is family friendly, the other is gastro friendly, the next is designed for those who love to party hard right on the waves, and so on. The options are almost unlimited, you just need to run a thorough research and book your cruise through a top reliable cruise line. Just like as you would do when booking an all-inclusive holiday to Europe.
So let’s check out a few such cruise deals examples & what’s included in the price
- A 4 night Sampler Cruise- with a cost of $800+ per person (twin cabin). For a quad cabin, you would have to pay about $200 extra. However, at such a great deal, here’s what is included in your package: in-cabin TV for entertainment, safe for your documents, buffet style/a la carte menu + full breakfast, musical stage shows + plenty of entertainment. Moreover, your package will also include children’s programs (with supervision provided), latest movie nights on big screen, and a very wide choice of bars and lounges to suit your needs and wishes. Could you ask for more from a great cruise deal? You will enjoy 4 full nights of good food, excellent entertainment, plenty of extras and a journey on the Pacific you will never forget.
- 2 weeks cruise on the Pacific with only $700+ per person. You can enjoy 13 nights of fun and adventure on the sway of the ocean! Again, such a cruise deal will include full breakfast, lunch, entertainment and more. Such a journey generally includes several ports of call such as Noumea, Mystery Island, Auckland or Sydney. Plenty of wonderful things to see and plenty of wonderful things to do during such a cruise. For the best cruises from Sydney this website is definitely worth checking out.
Of course, these are only a few examples. But if you will invest quality time in research, you will find plenty of cruise deals custom tailored to your exact need and available budget. The best thing to do is to start researching by comparison shopping. Check out several options, and compare prices, discounts, what’s included and so on. Ultimately, you will find that super deal you are looking for.
Ensure to book your cruise through a reputable cruise line, and you can find out more info on cruise deals here. There, you will find out everything you need to know about your cruise: the food included, the drinks, the entertainment, the cabin type, amenities that you can access, and so on. There is a wealth of information available online on the topic that will help you make a well informed decision. Take your time to study these cruise deals and select the one that best suits your needs. Read reviews about the cruise line or about that specific package you are going to book before actually making a payment.